Skip to main content

Where to use your Campus Card

The following resources can be accessed using a valid Campus Card:

  • Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre
    Full-time, in-class students have access to the Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre facilities using their Campus Card. Staff and students who do not pay this fee, but would like to purchase a membership, can do so through the Campus Recreation and Wellness Centre.
  • Durham Region and GO transit

    If you are studying full-time, your campus card will contain your U-Pass, allowing unlimited use of any Durham Region Transit (DRT) and limited GO Transit bus routes operating within Durham Region. Part-time students are not eligible for a U-Pass.

    The fall/winter U-Pass is valid from September 1 to May 31. Full-time students studying in the spring/summer semester will be entitled to the Summer U-Pass program between June 1 and August 31, but will need to visit the Office of the Registrar beginning in May with your current campus card to receive your updated card.

    GO-approved student ID

    Effective September 1, 2019, your Ontario Tech Campus Card is a GO-approved student ID. This means that at any GO station, your adult fare can be changed to a student fare with your PRESTO card and Ontario Tech Campus Card. For the student fare to be valid, make sure to carry both your Ontario Tech Campus Card and your PRESTO card when travelling, and provide them upon fare inspection.

  • IT Service Desk
    You will need to present your Campus Card for assistance at the IT Service Desk.
  • Library Access

    You are able to borrow books and access other library resources with a valid Campus Card.

  • Meal plan and flex dollar accounts

    Your meal plan account is accessible through your Campus Card. Flex dollar accounts are initially purchased as part of all meal plans but additional dollars can be added to your account at any Aramark cash register when you present your Campus Card.

  • Media services
    Your Campus Card allows you borrowing privileges for equipment and media.
  • On-campus services

    Please make sure to have your Campus Card when visiting other services on campus, including but not limited to:

    • Academic advising
    • Office of the Registrar
    • Office of Student Life
    • On-campus events
    • Student Union
  • Print services
    All on-campus printers and photocopiers can be accessed with your Campus Card.