Skip to main content
COVID-19 information and screening Learn how we’re keeping our campus community safe, healthy and engaged during our gradual return to campus.
Note: Faculty, staff, students and visitors must complete the mandatory screening questionnaire before coming to campus.
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Tax information

The tax year goes from January 1 to December 31. Income tax forms must be completed and submitted on or before April 30. If April 30 falls on a weekend or a statutory holiday, your tax return is due on the next working day.

It is important that you are prepared to file your taxes and have all of the required documents. By filing your tax return, you are often eligible for a refund if you have had any of the following income or expenses during the tax year:

  • Rent expenses off campus (you need your rent receipts or lease).
  • Salary or hourly pay (company-issued T4 slip).
  • On-campus employment (you can print your T4 slip through our ADP system).
  • Income from assistantships such as a Research Assistant (RA) or Teaching Assistant (TA)
  • Awards, bursaries and/or scholarships (university-issued T4A slip).
  • Tuition (you can find and print your T2202 on MyCampus).

Are you an international student? Learn more about filing taxes in Canada on the International website.

Volunteer tax clinics

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) organizes volunteer tax preparation clinics each year. To find out the location of the clinics nearest you where you can get help with your tax documents and filing your tax returns, visit the CRA website. 

On-campus tax clinics

The Accounting Association runs free tax-filing clinics on campus every March. Check back for more information in January.

If you have any questions about the clinics, contact

Canada Revenue Agency

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is the government body that oversees tax filing in Canada.  

Learn more by visiting the CRA website.

Professional accountants

You will want to go to an accounting firm (such as H&R Block) or visit a Chartered Professional Accountant. 

Accounting Association

The members of the Accounting Association are students at our university who are currently studying Accounting or Finance. They are available as a resource and starting point. 

Contact them at or