Skip to main content

Registration and student records

Below are our most frequently asked questions regarding registration and student records:

  • I need a form completed for Canada Pension Plan (CPP). Can you do this?

    Yes, our team can complete a CPP form for you. Visit our office with government-issued photo ID—you are welcome to wait for us to complete the form on the spot for you or leave it with us to pick up at a later time.

  • How can I get a verification of enrolment letter?

    If you need a verification of enrolment letter for RESP purposes, banking institutions, study permits, etc., you can print one from MyCampus, under the OT Undergraduate tab. Look for the verification of enrolment letter link on the right-hand sidebar under Student Records. You may use these letters in place of the forms that require our stamp and signature, as they are considered official for this purpose.

    Note: You must first be registered in fall and winter classes for the letters to generate. Verification of enrolment letters cannot be provided prior to course registration.

    If you are a graduate student, please fill out the Verification of Enrolment form from the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.

  • I am a new student—how do I access my student email and Canvas accounts?

    Follow the instructions on MyCampus, under the OT Undergraduate tab, to log in to your student email and Canvas accounts for the first time. The links to access these accounts are located in the top right-hand corner of your MyCampus account.

  • How do I request an official transcript?

    Official transcripts must be requested online via MyCampus, under the OT Undergraduate tab (OT Graduate tab for graduate students). Look for the academic transcript link on the right-hand sidebar under Student Records.

    If you have lost access to MyCampus due to inactivity, call IT Services at 905.721.3333 to regain access to your account.

  • When does registration for the fall and winter semesters open?

    Registration for the fall and winter semesters will open at the end of June. You will be sent further communication to your account regarding registration closer to this time. The course preview will become available by mid-June, so you can begin planning your schedules prior to course registration.

    Check the OT Undergraduate tab of MyCampus for updates as they become available.

    Graduate students will receive an email to their student email account with registration instructions and dates. Please contact our School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies with any questions about graduate registration.

  • I am having difficulty logging into my MyCampus account. What should I do?

    If you have never logged in to the system, make sure that you are entering your date of birth correctly in the password field (it must be entered in the format MMDDYY). If you are still having difficulties please call IT Services at 905.721.3333.

  • I just tried to switch a lab section and was removed from the course entirely. Why?

    If the lab section you were trying to switch into was full, you were not added to that section. However, you were removed from your original lab section, as well as the corresponding lecture, because the lab that you dropped is linked to that lecture. In order to best avoid this happening, check the availability of course sections prior to dropping a class.

  • What is an elective?

    Electives, general electives or open electives may be chosen from any course in the list of offerings. However, some courses are restricted from degree credit in some programs. Be sure to read the calendar regulations carefully and ensure that electives will meet your program requirements. If you are unsure, contact your academic advisor.

  • How do I drop a course on MyCampus?

    Go to the add/drop courses screen, under the OT Undergraduate tab. Select web drop from the drop-down menu to the left of the CRN that you wish to drop, then click on submit changes at the bottom of the screen. If your course has been successfully deleted, it will be removed from your current schedule.

    Note: You will not be able to drop your last course online.

  • How do I drop my last course?

    You cannot drop your last course online. You must complete an add/drop form if you are dropping your last course. Courses that are not officially dropped will be graded and you will be responsible for paying any fees associated with the course. The form can be found on MyCampus, under the OT Documents tab.

    If you are a graduate student, fill out the Graduate Studies – Add/Drop Course form.

  • How do I officially withdraw from the university?

    You must complete and submit a program withdrawal form—located on MyCampus, under the OT Documents tab—to the Office of the Registrar.

    If you are a graduate student, fill out the Graduate Studies – Request for Program Withdrawal Form.

Can't find your question? Contact for further assistance.