Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Withdrawing from the university

If you are an undergraduate student considering a full withdrawal from Ontario Tech, you must complete the Request to Withdraw form. 

To access the Request to Withdraw form:

  1. Go to MyOntarioTech.
  2. Select the Current Students box.
  3. The form is located in the Undergraduate Forms section. 
  4. Enter your login credentials, if required.

If you have any questions about the withdrawal process please contact us

Important to note:

  • If you do not formally withdraw from the university or officially drop your courses, all courses will be graded and you will be responsible for paying any fees associated with the courses. Please refer to the Important dates and deadlines section in our Academic Calendar.
  • If you do formally withdraw from the univeristy, all outstanding balances must be paid. Non-payment will result in your student account being sent to a collections agency for reconciliation.