Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Verification of enrolment

Please note: Online service is only available to undergraduate students.

  • What is an online verification of enrolment letter?

    An online verification of enrolment letter is used to confirm your registration with most non-government external agencies by providing:

    • Current course load in credit hours
    • Full-time or part-time status
    • Number of credit hours completed
    • Number of credit hours required to graduate
    • Registration in a specific term of study
    • Year of study
  • When will I need a verification of enrolment letter?
    • Confirmation of full-time or part-time status.
    • Confirmation of student status to external agencies (e.g. banks, third-party insurance plans, etc).
    • Private (non-government issued) loan applications.
    • Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) agreement forms.
    • Student line of credit letters.

    The online verification of enrolment letter is used to replace the post-secondary section of many agency forms (if applicable). The letter is produced using a secure authorized log on protocol; therefore, a university signature, stamp and/or seal is not required. After printing the letter, attach the verification of enrolment printout to the agency form, and return it to the agency requesting the verification information.

  • How do I print my verification of enrolment letter online?
    1. Go to MyOntarioTech.
    2. Click on the Current Students box.
    3. Scroll down and select Undergraduate verification of enrolment, under the Student records box.
    4. Enter your login credentials, if required. 
    5. Choose the appropriate term.
    6. Right click or press Ctrl, then click on Download Verification of enrolment and select Open in a new tab or window.

    Note: Your Verification of Enrolment letter does not constitute a replacement for an official transcript and does not contain fee information. You can print your account summary from MyOntarioTech to reflect your fees and payments, with your name and student ID included.

    If you need to confirm your enrolment for government student financial aid programs such as OSAP or out-of-province loans, please contact the Student Awards and Financial Aid office.