Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

What is a T4?

If you have a job, the T4 tax slip is used by your employer to indicate what you have been paid before deductions. It will also indicate your CPP, QPP and EI contributions, as well as any other amounts deducted from your paycheque during the tax year.

You will receive a T4 from the university if you are employed through the University Works program, as a teaching or research assistant, or hired by the university on a contract.

When will I receive it?

The T4 tax form for the previous calendar year is available as of the last working day of February. You can view, download or print your T4 from MyOntarioTech: 

  1. Go to MyOntarioTech.
  2. In the Employees box, select the Current employee box.
  3. If prompted, login using your network credentials. 
  4. In the Canadian tax forms sectionselect Tax information.
  5. Using the drop down arrow select a year, then select T4-Statement of Remuneration paid.
  6. On the Choose T4 page, make sure the year you want is in the T4 slip box, then select Printable version

If you are having trouble accessing your information, email the Payroll department.