Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Office of the Registrar

Important Messages

  • How can I request an official transcript?

    If you’re applying to another Ontario university, you must order your transcript online through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). If you are applying to an Ontario college, you must order your transcript through the Ontario Colleges’ Application Centre (OCAS).

    Transcript requests are made through your MyCampus portal, under Helpful links > Student records > Request printed/official transcript. For institutions or organizations that are willing to accept electronic transcripts, you may request one be sent to them directly by email. The electronic transcript will be sent within 2 to 3 working days. Please include the organization name and general email address in the address fields. Note: Electronic transcripts will not be issued directly to students.

    The Office of the Registrar has limited access to print transcripts at this time. If you request a transcript to be mailed to yourself, it will be sent within seven working days. Please ensure to include your full mailing address, as picking up your transcript from our office is currently not an option.

  • When is my tuition due for the fall semester?

    Your fall fees are due in full on Monday, September 21, 2020. Check our important dates and deadlines web page. Follow the steps below to view your outstanding balance:          

    1. Log in to MyCampus.
    2. Click on Self Service Options (top right-hand corner).
    3. Select Student Information – Ontario Tech.
    4. Select Paying Your Fees.
    5. Select Account Detail by Term.
    6. View your net tuition balance.

    Find out acceptable methods of payment for tuition.

  • Will I get a reduction in ancillary fees since campus is closed?

    For the fall semester, continuing students will be charged ancillary fees based on the number of credit hours you are registered in. These fees ensure you will continue to have access to important services and resources that are now being delivered at a distance. Other fees cover the year-round costs for maintaining and operating buildings and facilities for student use that are not funded through general university revenues.

    Some fees, however, have been reduced or waived where access to the services has been decreased or where services are no longer being delivered. These include the Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass), campus recreation and wellness centre, sports and recreation, and varsity sports. All fees have been approved by your Student Union and the Board of Governors.

  • What is the last day to drop fall semester courses?

    The last day to drop a fall semester course and receive a 100 per cent refund of tuition and ancillary fees is Monday, September 21. The last day to drop a fall semester course and receive a 50 percent refund of tuition fees is Monday, October 5.

  • Do I need to update my campus ID card?

    Campus ID cards will now be issued to students on a one-time basis. The card will be valid for the duration of your program at Ontario Tech.

    Returning students are no longer required to update campus ID cards annually. Instead, you must retain your existing card for future use on-campus.

    Students will not be charged the U-Pass fee for the fall semester. Once it is determined when the fee will resume, more information will be made available. For more information, visit our Campus Card web page.

  • Why hasn't my OSAP been confirmed yet?

    Confirmation of enrolment will begin no sooner than 10 days before the start of classes for the upcoming semester. Your enrolment will be confirmed automatically as long as you meet the following criteria:

    • All required supporting documentation in your OSAP account has been submitted and approved.
    • The program, course load and year of study indicated on your OSAP application matches your school file.

    Once your enrolment has been confirmed, it typically takes 5 to 10 working days for your funding to be released.

  • How do I know if I have an OSAP deferment or am eligible for one?

    You can check your account detail by term on MyCampus to see your tuition fees. Then, check your OSAP account to see the amount of OSAP funding set to be distributed for the semester. If your OSAP funding is greater than your tuition, and you have submitted all required supporting documents, you do not need to take any further action—we will place a deferment on your account for you. If you have less OSAP funding than tuition, you will need to pay the difference by the payment deadline.

  • How can I contact the Office of the Registrar?

    The Office of the Registrar is currently managing all contact requests on an online basis, only. If you need assistance, please connect with us.

  • How can I update my emergency contact information?

    Your safety is important to us. Please take a few minutes to verify that your emergency contact, address, and telephone numbers are all accurate. Log in to your MyCampus. portal, and update your personal information under the Helpful Links on the right-hand sidebar.

  • Who is my academic advisor?

    Your academic advisor will depend on your faculty. Find your academic advisor.

Have more questions?

Check out our resources page for helpful tips, tricks and answers to your commonly asked questions.
Learn More - Have more questions?

Important changes to Campus Card

We've made some changes to your Campus Card to make things easier for you.
Learn more - Important changes to Campus Card